Loewentin was built in 1892, in the yard of Gustav Fechter in Królewiec.
It was a steam powered ship. Until 1945, it was used mainly as a passenger ship or as an icebreaker for the army. In January 1945, she was sunk in the Łuczański channel in the vicinity of the swing bridge. Soon after the war (1946), she was excavated, renovated and joined the service as “Łowiczanka”.
In 1951, she received a new drive and a new name: “Hanka Sawicka.” She cruised under this name as a passenger ship until 1975. Since 1977, she was permanently docked in Giżycko and used as a restaurant. Later, she was sold to a tourist resort in Pierkunowo. In 1983, she was pulled out and abandoned on the shore. In 2008, we decided to restore the ship to its former glory. Due to legal changes, we had to adjust some dimensions and basic ship equipment, but we tried to keep her former shape and historical aspects.
In Spring 2015, the ship was transferred to Warsaw and now docks by the “Atlanta” barge (200m from the Copernicus Science Centre and the new metro station, between the Świętokrzyski Bridge and the Poniatowski Bridge, vis-a-vis the National Stadium), making regular guided cruises down the Vistula.
The reconstruction is based on the original design and makes you feel the spirit of Mazury’s history – the home region of the ship. Our offer is addressed to both individual clients and organised groups. On board of our ship, you can host all kinds of integration events, birthdays, anniversaries, engagements or even weddings. It is possible to charter the ship in a selected port.
Loewentin’s guests have at their disposal:
- two sunny decks with seats
- two luxurious cabins with wooden finish
- total capacity of 80 guests
- well-stocked bar and grill on deck
- sound system and microphone
- catering packages at very attractive prices
- two high standard bathrooms
- utility room, which can be used as cloakroom or storage